1.25inch Orion SkyGlow Broadband Eyepiece Filter
- For observers viewing through a telescope from suburban or city skies, the Orion SkyGlow filter can significantly improve the quality of your view
- The SkyGlow filter enhances deep-sky observations in moderately light-polluted skies
- Broadband filter blocks the most common wavelengths of light pollution for increased contrast and better views
- SkyGlow eyepiece filters improve views of nebulas, galaxies as well as open and globular star clusters
- 1.25" filter with metal filter cell construction compatible with all 1.25" Orion telescope eyepieces and filter-threaded 1.25" accessories
Light pollution is waging war on amateur astronomy. But don't surrender! Fight back with the affordable 1.25" Orion SkyGlow Broadband Telescope Filter.
This 1.25" SkyGlow Broadband Telescope Filter is an advanced multilayer "interference" filter that blocks the most common wavelengths of light pollution while passing desirable wavelengths with very little attenuation, yielding dramatically better deep-sky views.
It features improved blocking of mercury-vapor light and higher transmission at critical hydrogen-alpha and hydrogen-beta lines than competing filters. Bright, light-polluted skies appear much darker, and the contrast between object and sky is improved significantly.
Enhances All Objects
This contrast-enhancement effect is particularly apparent on nebulas. Unlike stars, emission nebulas give off light in a very narrow range of wavelengths. SkyGlow filters allow maximum transmission of the important wavelengths of hydrogen-alpha, hydrogen-beta, and doubly ionized oxygen-the ones most commonly emitted by nebulas. Views of galaxies and star clusters are also enhanced, although not as much.
Why suffer under light-polluted skies any longer? Order your SkyGlow light-pollution filter today. It really works!
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more