Antlia H-alpha (Ha) 3nm Pro Narrowband Filter - 36mm Unmounted
Application and Performance:
- High transmittance and smallest bandwidth to maximize contrast
- Steep spectral profile minimizes halos around bright stars
- A single substrate to eliminate internal reflections
- Narrowband Objects: H-alpha Emission Nebulae, Planetary, Wolf Rayet Nebulae and Supernova Remnants
- Use in light polluted areas and dark sites
- Extends imaging time when the moon is up
- Antlia narrowband Pro filters can be used down to f/3 systems with minimal loss of signal
- All Antlia unmounted narrowband filters are edge blackened to eliminate internal reflections from stray light
- Superior optical reliability reduces post image processing
- This filter is only effective for deep sky objects that contain H-alpha emissions
Solar Observing and imaging
DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH ANTLIA FILTERS.
Serious eye damage will result if you fail to observe the warning.
When we design filters for astronomy imaging systems, we look at how they will work together with optical systems, carefully designing the blocking and band-pass parameters to achieve an optimum result. The out of band blocking rate is a very important performance index since it is designed to sharply attenuate off-band wavelengths. The result is that the Antlia H-alpha 3nm Pro filter delivers excellent contrast with extremely dark backgrounds whilst delivering a high transmission of the H-alpha signal. Such filters are more difficult to produce to a consistently high standard.
Each filter is individually tested and scanned to ensure that the quality meets the high-performance parameters. The end result is a filter that achieves excellent contrast but with a higher production cost. We believe the price to performance ratio compares more favorably than similar premium filters in the market.
Due to Covid impacts, current stock and ongoing supplies will remain intermittent.