Sky-Watcher Evostar 72ED DS-Pro OTA with 0.85x Reducer/Flattener
EVOSTAR-72ED DS-PRO (OTA)
72MM (2.83”) F/5.8 ED APOCHROMATIC REFRACTOR TELESCOPE - Compact and Portable Optical Tube for Affordable Astrophotography and Visual Astronomy
This high-end Evostar-72ED features a doublet objective lens with one Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element.
Each air-to-glass surface has multiple anti-reflection coatings applied to ensure optimum light transmission, approaching 99.5%!
Sky-Watcher proudly claim their proprietary 'Metallic High-Transmission Coatings' (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
An optically-matched 0.85x reducer is available for imaging at f4.9!
(Please note the Evostar-72ED Apo has a different objective lens glass combination to the Evostar-80ED/100ED/120ED models).
- EXPERTLY MATCHED GLASS: The EvoStar series features a matched doublet objective including one synthetic fluorite element, providing excellent color correction for visual and photographic uses.
- OUTSTANDING COLOR CORRECTION: Using the finest quality glass and proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC), EvoStar refractors produce tack sharp images with accurate color and minimal aberrations.
- PORTABLE TRAVEL SIZE: Using a compact design, this refractor is easy to transport and lightweight to support, making it the perfect travel companion.
- EVOLVES WITH SKILL: No need to replace this telescope as your skill set evolves. Whether you’re a seasoned astrophotographer or a budding novice, EvoStar refractors are versatile enough to use as your primary optical tube as your skill set improves.
- 10:1 DUAL-SPEED FOCUSER: No matter the eyepiece or camera, finding focus is a breeze with this 10:1 dual-speed Crayford-style focuser.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The EvoStar 72 comes complete with an aluminum case, tube rings, and a Vixen-style dovetail.
Sky-Watcher 0.85x Reducer/Flattener for EvoStar 72ED
- Compatible with both APS-C and full frame sensors, APS-C (crop sensors) and smaller recommended
- 55mm back focus
- Drops f/ratio from native f/5.8 (420mm) to f/4.93 (355mm)
- Reduces exposure time by 38% compared to native f/5.8
- 5.8 x 3.87-degree field of view when used with a full frame camera
- 3.79 x 2.53-degree field of view when used with APS-C crop sensor
- Includes thread-on adapter to mount reducer to Evostar 72ED focuser
- For Astrophotography/Astroimaging
- Virtually Eliminate Spherical Aberration
- Shortens Focal Ratio from f/5.8 to f/4.9
- Reduces Exposure Times by 38%
- Use with APS-C and Full Frame Cameras
- 55mm Back Focus
- 216x Highest Practical Power (Potential)
- 72mm Objective Lens Diameter
- 420mm (f/5.8) Focal Length
- Dual-Speed 2” Crayford Focuser 11:1 ratio (Backlash-Free)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Sky-Watcher “Metallic 99.5% High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) on all air to glass surfaces
- Standard Sky-Watcher / Vixen Style Finderscope Shoe
- Tube Rings & 45mm Dovetail Bar (with 1/4-20 tripod threads)
- Removable Dewshield
- Weight 1955g
- Length 42cm
- Aluminium Carrying Case (with compartments for additional accessories) - Approximately 28x52x17cm.
- Supplied without Eyepiece, Finderscope and 2" Star Diagonal